DryNites® Pyjama Pants can help you both manage the bedwetting stage..
DryNites® Pyjama Pants are discreet, absorbent pants that your child can wear for overnight protection. They are not a cure for bedwetting, but they’ll help your child manage this stage until they outgrow it. Not only will your child get a better night’s rest, they’ll also maintain your child’s self esteem. DryNites trim fit allows them to disappear discreetly under your child’s pyjamas, nighties and other clothing. So bed time at home, sleepovers, camps and other night time activities become a simple routine, just the way they should be.
DryNites are available in two sizes for girls and for boys.
How DryNites can help
Here are some things you can point out about DryNites Pyjama Pants to encourage your child to give them a try:
- DryNites allow your child to gain some control during the bedwetting stage.
- DryNites look like real underwear with modern designs for both girls and boys.
- DryNites Pants are a more discreet alternative to plastic sheets or nappies.
- DryNites are trim and comfortable. You may want to show your child in a mirror how they can be hidden under their pyjamas.
- Point out the peace of mind that comes with knowing they’ll wake up in a clean, dry bed. No wet sheets to change in the morning (or in the middle of the night). No brothers, sisters or friends finding out there’s been an accident.
Remind them that DryNites Pants are there “just in case”. This helps to maintain your child’s self-esteem by helping them manage this stage discreetly.
Finally, encourage your child to take a look at the Info for Kids section of this website for more information and tips on how they can manage their bedwetting stage.
Make DryNites a part of your child’s routine
The more you treat DryNites Pyjama Pants like regular underwear, the better your child will feel about them. Let your child manage their own supply and keep them discreet and private.
Here are a few tips on how to make them part of a normal nightly routine, until your child outgrows bedwetting:
- Try not to refer to them as nappies or Pull-Ups. DryNites are absorbent pyjama pants designed for the night.
- Clear a special place in a private drawer for DryNites Pants, perhaps next to their pyjamas or with their daytime underwear.
- Make them part of the night time routine e.g. putting them on just before lights out or before storytime.
- Place a rubbish bin with a liner and a lid in your child’s bedroom or bathroom so they can discreetly throw them out in the morning. Show your child how to wrap up a used DryNites pant so that they can do it themselves.
- Ensure that you keep a regular supply so that there are no anxious evenings at bedtime.
Away from Home
- Buy a toiletries bag large enough to hold one or 2 DryNites Pyjama Pants. Ideally it will have a separate pocket on the side so that they can keep all the “normal” toiletries in the main pocket. They can take this to the bathroom and get ready for bed in private.
- Wrap the DryNites pant inside their pyjamas so that they can easily pick the “bundle” up from the overnight bag and carry it to a private area to change for bed.
- Put a plastic bag in their overnight bag so they can throw them out when they get home.
- If appropriate let the mum of your child’s friend know that your child may need help. Use your judgement in determining if this is appropriate.
Read more handy tips about how you can manage the bedwetting phase.
Share your stories about how you and your child manage your night time routines at home and when away.